Thread: B12
View Single Post
Old 02-16-2007, 09:26 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Question B12

I'm taking methyl-b12 shots. Three months ago my doctor raised my mb12 shot dosage from 3250 mcg every three days to 5000 mcg every three days. I thought it was making me really hungry--too hungry to the point of where I constantly wanted to eat. I experimented myself and have been doing the injections every 5 days instead of every 3. The hunger went back to normal.

However, I don't notice much of a difference when doing the shots every 5 days--the difference seen was mostly improvement in bowel movements. I will be seeing my doctor in a couple of weeks and will be expressing my concern with doing the 5000 mcg every 3 days and tell him that I think I did better with 3250 mcg every 3 days. I'm hoping that he'll listen to me because being hungry all the time is a huge problem, and I won't take 5000 mcg of mb12 every 3 days if that's what occurs.

However, my question is what do I if I'm still low in b12? I've been doing
mb12 shots for 1 1/2 years and still am low in b12. For most of that time it was 3250 mcg every three days until my doctor increased it to 5000 mcg every 3 days.

Carolyn
carolyn_lsc is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote