View Single Post
Old 02-16-2007, 09:33 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Wink

Hi there, Canada's system of compensating an injured worker,is a very difficult process in which wc is suppose help the injured worker with medical costs, surgeries, presriptions and lost income. Here in Canada if your claim for injury is accepted, you give up all your rights to sue your employer and you are left dealing with a crown corporation which in my view is a glorified insurance company for the employer!! Which as any insurance company does thier best to deny benefits, and costs associated with your claim. Isn't it sad your not even told what your rights are!! I personally have been going through this system for almost three years, I have been lied to, set up to fail, and my injuries have been made lite of. I also don't feel decisions as far as retraining, or a long term disability has been fair!!

A Permanent Physical Impairment is a one time payment based on bodily impairment which is in no means a buyout or does it affect any other payments or benefits you are entittled too. A doctor does an assesment on an injured worker to determine what part of your body is impaired(meat chart) and pays a precentage of $, based on impairment.

Believe me Worker's Compensation is not much different here in the long run. Injured workers here are sometimes forced back to work under the influence of narcotics, and passed on to other systems of welfare,canada pension plan disability. Many try to go back to work only to re injure themselves, or find they never could work. Deeming is a practice here that is used often, which in my opinion isn't a realistic approach to rehabilitation.
hairdresser is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote