View Single Post
Old 11-07-2010, 03:40 PM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Lightbulb

are you talking about UNDER the keys? I don't think you can fix that, I don't think they come off etc. Jo would know for sure tho.

But my husband smokes a pipe and sometimes he drops a flake of tobacco over the laptop keyboard. When I used his old laptop on vacation 3 keys started to stick. What I did to correct it was to tip the bottom to the side or front and gently tap the back... the offending thing did move finally to an edge and the sticking stopped. (Don't hit it hard, just tap). This might dislodge the bit which is under there. If it is due to some liquid you spilled or something really awful, this might not work.

You can plug in a secondary keyboard and use that if the tapping doesn't work. There are some very inexpensive keyboards out there so it shouldn't cost too much. Under $10 sometimes!

Good luck!

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote