View Single Post
Old 11-07-2010, 06:41 PM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsD View Post
You can download that trailer to keep you know....

Yes, I agree... it was a great escapist movie!

Hubby read a while back that the actors actually wore sensors and acted out many of the scenes! (That is how Gollum was done in The Lord of Rings trilogy). So they actually acted out physically some stuff, especially the facial expressions. So it was not pure 100% digital... the actors were involved quite a bit.

He claims 47hours of work for one second movie time! Lots and Lots of work and effort.
Yeah, I know about the sensors (a video of how they did this is probably somewhere on youtube). I saw it on a tv special some time ago. It was called "The making of Avatar". Well, you should have seen the suits they were wearing. Zoey Saldana was all covered in sensors and she was on this thing and it was supposed to be a beast and it was moving and she had to keep her balance.

But the coolest thing was the camera that James Cameron walked around carrying. When he looked at the camera he saw the shot like it would appear on the big screen (not blue screen, or sensors), but how it would turn out. He was walking around the sound stage carrying the camera ad saying 'look how cool this is, I can see what it will look like".

YOU GOTTA LOVE TECHNOLOGY.

Right now I'm watching Inception with Leonardo DeCaprio. And if you ever want to see a movie that will confuse the heck out of you, THAT'S THE MOVIE.

lol

mel

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
mrsD (11-07-2010)