View Single Post
Old 02-16-2007, 10:09 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Paul's treatment

Hello everyone,
Although I don't post often I do read the post and felt I had to respond to this thread.

I have mixed feelings about Abdul and wish that if she does have RSD, that she would become a spokesperson for RSD if she would be serious with her discussions. Another person that might be good to speak about RSD is Barbara Mandrell as her husband has RSD and this is why she left Tenn to be with him and take care of him. She would be a great asset to the RSD community if she would go more public about this.

I would like to say that I have had the pamidradate infusions that Paula was given and they did help tremendously with my burning and sensitivity. I have these infusions every 2 1/2 - 3 months as 3 day/outpatient treatments. My Dr began with these infusions after a friend of mine that was going to him ask about the treatment Paula had reportedly had. Our Dr called Abdul's Dr and received the information ref the infusions and now is giving them in our area. The treatment DOES reduce the burning of my RSD which is now full body. I would say it reduced up to 50% maybe more at times. It has also helped with the sensitivity that I have in my extremities. continued to have flare-ups due to weather. The only adverse reaction I experienced with these were flu like symptoms for the 1st day or 2, then it began to really reduce the burning.

I wish Paula had spent more time promoting these infusions and letting people know just how much they helped. When you can get up to 50% reduction of the burning it helps both mentally and physically. With reducing both it enables you to do more and be more active, not to mention being able to reduce meds if at all possible. This is my goal, to hopefully reduce my meds which hopefully will make me more alert and less side effects to deal with.

I strongly recommend these infusions to anyone with RSD, it seems to be much safer than some of the other options we have available to us at this point.

My WC ins did pay for these each time I have had them. I was told it was doubtful they would but they did. The cost was approx $1,300.00/day X3 days. Which is also cheaper than some of the other meds and procedures available.
rsdpainradar is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ali12 (01-21-2008), Sandel (01-19-2008)