View Single Post
Old 11-08-2010, 07:29 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hi ~ Ultram is NOT a med for depression. That is for PAIN. And I can't remember for the life of me what the other drug is. But if I recall, that's not a depression med either.

Meds such as Prozac, Cymbalta, Zoloft are meds for depression. You are usually started on a lower dosage and if it works well, fine. If it doesn't, then the dose can be adjusted. Usually it takes perhaps 3-6 weeks for it to take effect.

I take Cymbalta twice a day ~ 120mg. total. This works great for me, as I'm clinically depressed.

Talk to your doctor about this. He/she can prescribe something for you. You do NOT need a psychiatrist to prescribe these. Best of luck and God bless. Hugs, Lee
recovering alcoholic, sober since 7-29-93;severe depression; 2 open spinal surgeries; severe sciatica since 1986; epidurals; trigger points; myelograms; Rhizotomy; Racz procedure; spinal cord stimulator implant (and later removal); morphine pump trial (didn't work);now inoperable; lumpectomy; radiation; breast cancer survivor; heart attack; fibromyalgia; on disability.

Often the test of courage is not to die, but to live..
.................................................. ...............Orestes
Leesa is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote