View Single Post
Old 11-08-2010, 01:40 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

When I was put on mestinnon in the hosp during a myasthenic crisis it was 60mg x3 daily. I ended up back in the hosp about 4 days later because I was trying to do basic things at home. I hadnt retruned to work yet and had tried a quik trip to the groc store but fell twice so had to go home without buying anything.
At the second visit it was because my breathing had worsened as I ttried to to do a few of these things. The put me on 75mg x 3 and let me go home. I could feel the increased strength. But a couple days later I had gone to Walgreens and was excited that my body was doing so much better yet when I went to check out my mouth had this locked up thing that slurrred my speech. I was also having strong bouts of twitching in my diaphagm when I would sneeze or yawn or lay down. I called the neuro after the slurred speech. He said back to 6omg. But at 60mg I couldnt return to my partitme job so I lost my job. It works better for my breathing than my legs and such. But only in the context of limited activity.

During the winter I get better from the cold and my body starts acting like it needs less mestinon so I had to take less in the winter.
Annie59

Quote:
Originally Posted by shalynn View Post
OK, I know I'm suppose to be taking a certain amount of Mestinon everyday (60 mg 3 x's a day). I'm ramping up and not nearly where my dr wants me to be.

Today, I had a real scary episode. I had been at a women's conference for church for about three hours this morning and was there for three hours last night. I did get a good nights sleep which was a blessing because I know I needed it. Anyway, by the time I got home I was so very weak. I just had to get in bed! I ate a quick lunch first and I was having trouble chewing, but I did finish my meal. By the time got in bed I was having a hard time talking and it was hard to breathe. I just didn't have the energy, I was so weak. It was very scary. I ended up sleeping for about two hours. So I guess what I want to know is would it have helped me if I would have taken more Mestinon at that point?

Thanks for any input. Sorry to be asking so many questions.

Shalynn
Annie59 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
shalynn (11-15-2010), TRESA (11-08-2010)