View Single Post
Old 11-08-2010, 03:01 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default everything is relative

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conductor71 View Post
Hi,

I ran across this article and found it interesting. Even if only four people...means others are experiencing it too. The "it" is a prolonged period of "on" time or time where patient feels near normal long after a medical dosage has worn off. This is like an hour after wear off meaning this entire experience is highly unusual. I am wondering if this isn't further indication that all of our cells are on an inevitable path of self-destruction; that in fact, many of our cells are merely impaired or "stuck" somehow? Has anyone experienced anything like this? This also serves to highlight how hard it is to study advanced PD when medication masks everything

Novel pattern of levodopa-related motor fluctuations: ‘Paradoxical’ on

-Laura
Hi Laura,

After two years taking sinemet (1 tab 10/00 3 X per day), I have been experiencing a systemic improvement as well as acute improvement with the med... using both an hourly trajectory vs overall well being . altho I am at my best in morning and afternoons. the boundary between "on" and off was in the beginning very fuzzy and only recently is more acutely apparent tho more like switching a light off and on with a dimmer switch and the light is steadily getting brighter.

I notice I always tend to improve in the Spring. Also a while back Janice W-Hadlock mentioned t hat she observes a 23 day cycle of in PWP.

kind regards
md (pd sx since 94)

“The day science begins to study non-physical phenomena, it will make more progress in one decade than in all the previous centuries of its existence.”
~ Nikola Tesla
moondaughter is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
imark3000 (11-09-2010), soccertese (11-08-2010), tulip girl (11-08-2010)