View Single Post
Old 11-08-2010, 04:32 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Post Reply to Twinmom

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinmom View Post
YOU GUYS ARE SO WONDERFUL. Saffy, you asked great questions! and I am so impressed by your desire and drive to be able to go back to work and ride a scooter!!! when is your surgery? I have a couple more questions for the all knowing ladies and gents on this forum:

1) Did any one have bowel/bladder or sexual issues from your injury or related to your nerve pain? if yes did the SCS help with that at all?

2) Did anyone have neurodeficits associated with your pain/injury and was it changed by your SCS?

3) Did anyone have an inhome nurse after the surgery?

I think that is it for now, and as always thank you all for being so wonderful!!!!
Hi Twinmom, I wanted to reply to this because I have dealt with these issues. I have bladder disease (IC) and my stim has actually helped with this pain a bit. I used to have to be on cathether treatments that I do myself but now I am on meds and my stim helps a little especially because I do not have to get up all night to go to the bathroom. I know it does help me because when it is shut off I have way more symptoms Also, I had sexual problems prior to stim surgery and it helped me in my case but I should also say that I had a total hysterectomy in 05 and still have weird pain from that so that is a separate issue. I do have to have stim on if and when are together though or I am in a lot of pain in my back and legs Hope this information helps! Oh yeah, I also did not have an in home nurse but my mom and grandma (or husband) helped me out and they are going to help be helping me out for my surgery in November. Like I said, I really hope that helps and that I did not offend anyone, if you have more questions feel free to ask take care and good luck! 'sTara
tchr012 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Rrae (11-08-2010)