View Single Post
Old 11-08-2010, 04:52 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Wondering if ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by moondaughter View Post

I notice I always tend to improve in the Spring. Also a while back Janice W-Hadlock mentioned t hat she observes a 23 day cycle of in PWP.

kind regards
md (pd sx since 94)

Interesting that many people experience this. This "on" in the article is not to be confused with that good half hour we sometimes have in the morning due to sleep benefit or dopa reserves. In fact, it's odd, the people involved would actually feel worse upon dosing then do well, hit wear off, then bam feel great like an hour after their dose wore off. This was so marked that some people would skip a dosage. I think this is a combo of us tapping into our natural dopa reserve and our bodies reaction to med withdrawal abating.
I really think the harsh on-off effect is due to drug dependency and our heightened symptoms are like a withdrawal effect. I underwent a 12 hour drug washout last October and surprisingly despite a prominent tremor did okay; I noticed that I only felt brain foggy upon taking a dose of Sinemet in the doc's office; it went away after drug kicked in.

How many of you feel brain fog when in these "on" states? Again, based on my experiences, I think the brain fog is a withdrawal symptom. I feel it when meds starting to kick in or not at all.

Any other thoughts?

MD, what do you mean by "23 day cycle"?

Laura

Last edited by Conductor71; 11-08-2010 at 04:53 PM. Reason: forgot to ask
Conductor71 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
imark3000 (11-09-2010), krugen68 (11-09-2010), Soozie (11-13-2010), tulip girl (11-08-2010)