View Single Post
Old 11-08-2010, 05:37 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Question Question about Tysabri?

I know there is an entire thread, but I'm not finding an answer to my questions and concerns.

My mother has MS, Dx back in '98-'99. She was on some med (forgot the name) for years, followed by Copaxone for a long while, then just over 2 years ago was switched to Tysabri..

Today was her monthly infusion and had a she had an appt. with her Neurologist. He spoke with my father about the side effects and the risk of PML(?)

My question is, how do you know if the Tysabri is working? And is it worth the risks? I know all meds have risks, but how do you know if they outweigh the benefits?

Her MS symptoms have been steadily increasing over the past 10 years. Including while on this. She is still able to walk and mostly refuses her cane and walker though is just starting to give into using each more often this year. She bladder is weaker than ever and has resorted to wearing adult diapers when leaving the house. Her memory is getting so much worse, she is getting so forgetful, repeats things numerous times during a 5-10 minute phone conversation, and is so easily agitated..

Anyway, how do I know if this is normal? How do I know it wouldn't be much worse if she wasn't on Tysabri? How do I know these symptoms are worse than they would be if she weren't on this?

All I learned from the phone call I recieved from my father is, the dr wants them to decide if she is staying on it, or wanting to try a new med, and that I really need to play a more active role in her health care...
MommaDucks is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Dejibo (11-09-2010), Grammie 2 3 (11-09-2010), SallyC (11-08-2010), TRESA (11-08-2010)