View Single Post
Old 11-08-2010, 10:26 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shellback View Post
Fraud hurts all of us who really need SSDI and or SSI but be careful when thinking about blowing the whistle on someone who you may suspect of fraud. If they are the type of person who would commit fraud, they could be capable of anything if you catch my drift.
That's where it gets tricky. I am 100% it is fraud. I just don't have physical evidence to prove it. But I know this person is capable of holding down a job and choose not to. There are plenty of people who all see this and agree... but that individual is not ever going to come out and say "You're right--I am cheating the government".

But I am just wondering if there is an obligation to report it or not.. and if there is a way or not.. it isn't so much about this particular case, but just the general two questions.

I know a lot of people who need the help and cannot get it--and it makes me mad that there are people who do not need it and take advantage of the system.

♥ "Hope is more than a word; it's a state of being. It's a firm belief God will come through. Life brings rain... hope turns every drop into the power to bloom like never before." -Holley Gerth ♥

My name is Sarah and I am 25 years old. I have a lot of chronic health problems. Peripheral neuropathy and POTS (postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome) keep me bedridden the majority of the time. I also struggle with degenerative disc disease, disc desiccation, spondylolisthesis, arthritis, polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS) with insulin resistance, allergies, sound sensitivities, and other health problems.