View Single Post
Old 11-09-2010, 11:16 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by krugen68 View Post
I didn't know if I should tag this on the thread on drugs and OCD behaviour, but I'm intrigued by the connections.

My neuro on first diagnosis told me that statistically most PWP are non-risk takers, with low emotion swings.
Personally, I own up to mildish (and occasionally excessive) OCD behaviour patterns over most of my life - Gambling, smoking, drinking etc
I wondered if those whose experienced compulsions such as gambling shopping binges or hyper-sexuality on taking the drugs, previously had lower mostly controllable patterns, or did it come as a total character change ?
Personally, I own up to mildish (and occasionally excessive) OCD behaviour patterns over most of my life - Gambling, smoking, drinking etc

I think that every single one of us could own up to the above sentence, weather we have pd or not!!!

Looking back at what i did i would say that i had just normal ''men ''traits'.........yes i would look at pretty women,but that was all.drink yes ,smoke yes,gamble occasionally,

Once on a higher dose of mirra,my sex drive hit the roof,now was this because of the drug or because of boredom???

Since lowering the dose of mirra my sex drive has not subsided but i am able now to control my urges.i liken it to being an alchaholic ,one one always one...................

I would also like to add that a high percentage of pwp i chat to have had probs on DA's and admit to some form of OCD,all have been on DA's.........i dare bet if we were all honest that figure would likley be near the 100% mark

As i said in my thread,its not the pd that f**** us its the meds
sooty is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
krugen68 (11-09-2010)