View Single Post
Old 11-09-2010, 12:45 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rrae View Post
Why don't you just check with the number on your SSI papers that you received.??? They provided you with a phone number and everything.
Ask THEM these question!

Is there really a need to bite these people's heads off who are trying to help the best they can??

C'mon Sarah, lets put our 'friendly' hats on and remember this is a SUPPORT group

Try to get some REST.....you have a very important procedure coming up.

Caring (and concerned)
Rae
I am not biting people's heads off. I am just saying--I was not asking anyone out there to tell me if this person that they know absolutely nothing about and have never talked to.. is disabled or not. I was simply asking two questions and was not getting answers to those because people were too busy telling me that I have no right to judge the person.

The person has made statements to me that prove that they are lying and cheating the system. And I am not the only one who has that 'evidence'. There are several people.

And that was my point, Rae. The phone number to report things was for MEDICAID--not SSI.

They are two totally different organizations and two very different things. I can't call Medicaid and report someone for SSI. That doesn't make any sense.

It was when I read the thing from Medicaid that I started to wonder about reporting things to SSI, and asked the question. I have never found anything from SSI stating that people should be reported if there is fraud suspected, and that is what I was asking about.

I don't know what OIG is... I am going to look it up, but that doesn't help me much when I don't have a phone number, explanation, or website to show me how that can be of any help.

This person is on SSI, not SSDI... and every time anyone (or at least several people) talk to this person, he or she makes statements about things that are not allowed. Things such as how he or she has a new 'toy' that is well over $2,000. How he or she spent hours doing something that proves that or she could easily be working. There are many people that this person has talked to about cheating the government. And while I don't think he or she has ever been 'stupid' enough to say "I am committing fraud"... it is very clear and there is 'proof'.

Still, my whole question on if SSI asks people to report things or not. If not, then I am just going to keep my mouth shut. I don't live near this person right now and even though I have statements from this person, I'd rather not do something that would result in this person getting angry with me. But on the other hand, if this happens often and if SSI asks people to report these things (like Medicaid does), then I would not feel right not saying anything in the end.

I've known my whole life that this person was receiving SSI for no good reason. It's been years that he or she has been getting it and does not need it. It wasn't until I made the connection that Medicaid asks fraud to be reported that I thought "Hmm... maybe this should be reported, too."

If not, then there is no issue and I won't need to say another word about it.

I just can't find out where SSI stands on it, and if they -want- reports or not.

♥ "Hope is more than a word; it's a state of being. It's a firm belief God will come through. Life brings rain... hope turns every drop into the power to bloom like never before." -Holley Gerth ♥

My name is Sarah and I am 25 years old. I have a lot of chronic health problems. Peripheral neuropathy and POTS (postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome) keep me bedridden the majority of the time. I also struggle with degenerative disc disease, disc desiccation, spondylolisthesis, arthritis, polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS) with insulin resistance, allergies, sound sensitivities, and other health problems.