View Single Post
Old 11-09-2010, 02:12 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Well, dad and I made a quick trip to Ohio to see my brother who also has PD. He has gone down hill quite a bit from when we saw him in the spring. VA doctor has prescribed a walker for him now. One that looks very ingenious actually. You squeeze it to release the brake (most are to activate brakes) It also has a laser beam that can be activated if freezing occurs to give a person visual line to help movement start again.
The papaya experiment has been a success I think. For some reason I feel it has helped my eyes. Driving at nite not so hard and my eyes don't seem as blurry without my glasses. I've taken my fava top tincture less often and feel especially good.
Probably one of the reasons I feel so good is that the fava plants are still alive after a bad cold night while we were in Ohio. So I can gather tincture tops this afternoon!!
I am hoping they will last into December and I can get some of the rows under cover before 26 degrees happens. Still looking for a research person to work with me on a clinical trial ....there's got to be someone out there!
Oh went to a veiwing of a documentary film "Ten Mountains...Ten Years" . A group of people are climbing to gaiin funds for PD and Alzheimer research and awareness. The man who is behind this effort is Enzo Simone ( A Quest for the cure)
www.TheArmyOfChange.com The film is very good and the climbing team reads letters from patients/ family/caregivers when they are stopped at rest areas for the night.
There is even a segment that shows a lady from our own support group that actually went on one of the climbs with him and the "regulars". She is amazing and feels that this is a great way to get support for our cause and for the search for a cure. We got to visit with Enzo and he has other ideas that he is pursuing about research and political challenges that may be able to be bridged in the future if we all pull together. There is also a segment in the film about DBS, that you need to watch if considering this treatment. It is very enlightening/ frightening/ encouraging (that some people are helped by this surgery) We have one person in our neighborhood that benefited greatly from it.
For now, we all have to keep fighting our own little and big battles in life. But, I feel that we are all pulling for each other and that means alot everyday. We are all different,but all the same. With God's help, we will pull thru this. Blessings , Aunt Bean
Aunt Bean is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote