View Single Post
Old 11-09-2010, 03:51 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi MommaDucks, I will be 62 next month; have had 50 Tysabri infusions.
First I need to say, take a deep breath little lady, you are not responsible for your mom or dad. Bless you for being such a caring daughter and being willing to do what you can. My adult children are caring, interested, loving, kind; they do what they can when they can but they have their lives of which I am thankfully included. Even my dear husband is not responsible for me-he helps me to the best of his ability.

As for Tysabri ... how are her MRIs ? Is she getting them every 6 months ?
It doesn't sound like it is halting/slowing your mother's progression. If I wasn't doing as well as I am on Tysabri I would probably be looking into another med. This is me and I'm not advising.

I hope you can go to your mother's dr appt and ask questions so you, your mother and dad will have knowledge to be able to help make an educated decision after hearing what the neuro says.

I went to a ms presentation Sat given by Drs from the Rocky Mtn ms Center. They have so much knowledge. Maybe your mom with your help can get in touch with a dr there and get his perspective . Phone # is 1-866-557-7030 . The director is Dr. Timothy Vollmer the other 2 presenters Dr. Corboy and Dr. Mirvalle (I think )

I think your mom is very lucky to have you for her daughter!

Best wishes,
Linda
Grammie 2 3 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Dejibo (11-10-2010), SallyC (11-09-2010), TRESA (11-09-2010)