View Single Post
Old 11-09-2010, 11:10 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabbycakes View Post
Hi Sandy,

I have been offered a lidocaine Infusion in the past but never did it. Right now I just have to find out what's going on with this left shoulder/arm. My right is the RSD side and I'm left handed so even writing is giving be alot of pain. I also had a carpel tunnel done on the left side in the middle of the whoe right arm nightmare. The carpel tunnel can come back and yes give you pain all the way up your arm to the shoulder. So I'll see what he says tomorrow.

I'll keep you posted.

Gabbycakes
Gabby,

I just had another thought as the headaches are one of my biggest problems also as most of my pain started in my neck and base of skull 10 yrs ago.

Is it even slightly possible that this weather could be causing some sinus problems which are exacerbating the pain? I only ask because I have noticed some pattern to in in myself and know you were suffering the same lousy weather in this area last week.

I don't know if they help you at all, but I do find lidoderm patches to be useful in my shoulder area and upper arm. Dr. Richman also gave me a prescription for fioricet which did seem to help some in the hospital with my headaches.

Knowing now what lumbar blocks and brachial plexus injections can do for me since being in HSS, I would definitely go for some nerve blocks if you think it might help bring your pain down at all. I know it definitely helped me while I was in there and has continued to since.

Will keep trying to think. I pray you're feeling better tonight.

Dawn
Reddawn600 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
gabbycakes (11-10-2010), loretta (11-10-2010)