View Single Post
Old 11-09-2010, 11:39 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default New to the forum. First new topic.

Wow- I wish I'd found this site three months back or so (I've had PCS almost four months now).

Thanks to the mods for the stickies on resources, inspiration, etc. Mark in Idaho seems to offer good info here as well.

My PCS story makes me depressed in how stupid it is.

Most people, I suppose, have a car accident, assault, etc. Then take it easy, see a doctor, I guess- Well...

Went on a cruise ship for my first time, and sneezed while reading Forbes. Turned my head to the left, head swung down onto a tall wood chair backrest, and pow- I'm catching all the blood in my activity program as I walk down to my cabin. If only I had kept my head straight. Or sneezed on the dumb magazine.

That night I have four mixed drinks on the ship pub crawl.
Foolish! What did this do to my recovery?

Two weeks later, the headaches are so bad I go to the emergency room & get the CAT scan. I have no insurance/doctor, so I do get a bit of financial aid (thank God). But I think this was a waste of $1000. I wouldn't be able to afford anything if there was bleeding.

Since then, I foolishly run one day to make an eye appointment, and ended up w/heart pain for a few weeks. I wonder if this has slowed recovery time.

I finally went to a clinic & tried Naproxen.
I've had three injuries while on it & sleep deprived over the past month- my right knee, pinkie, and forearm, all crushed with... chairs. Now I hope to recover from these as well.

I am grateful I've had no cognitive issues, but have been limited to headaches, slight depression, and diziness (fading).

I'm 37, and 125 lbs (I've always tried to gain weight).
I took no time off work, often work 12-hour + days, 7 days a week (sometimes) at home, and 4.5 hours a day is nannying a... 2-year-old.
And there has been times of extreme relational stress (being cursed at, etc.)

I don't want to make this too long- I thank God for my life, and hope to recover from the headache soon

Thanks again for this forum.
Jeffrey is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Dmom3005 (11-26-2010), Theta Z (11-18-2010)