View Single Post
Old 11-10-2010, 12:10 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cblue View Post
Oh my goodness Matthew...I so now how you feel. I have mental disorders, OCD included and my mom minimizes it constantly. I don't know if she is in denial or what. The other day I went to the back dr to talk about my upcoming surgery and she asked the dr, "she could wait much longer than a month for the surgery right?" Luckily my back probs are not part of my disabilities..well, my back probs disable me, but it was not a chief complaint when I applied.
Good luck and hang in there!
Thank you guys for the replies. It's so embarrasing when my mom comes with me to doctors appointments because I'm not sure what she is going to say. I find it demeaning for her to say "i don't notice any of matts ocd symptoms" I'd rather her say " I notice matt complains more of his intrusive thougths and obsessions than I notice rituals" or something like that. I don't want to be humilated at the doctors office. We are going next week. She says she sees me but doesn't consider it obsessive. The thing is alot of my checking of the doors and stove occurs after midnight when no one is up. Reality is not too many people break into houses during th eh day and not too many people leave the gas stove on during the night. So I'm sorry if she doesn't notice it as well as if she should. there are tims it keeps me up all night. When I was a kid I used to wake up in the middle of the night and re organize things in the kitchen and clean. I believe that was part of OcD, they only remember me doing this twice, but myabe thats because they only caught me twice. I believe that was OCD, everything had to be in perfectly fit location. When i used to work everything had to be done a certan place and so forth.

Last time when the therapist asked her about my ocd she said she doesn't notice any rituals. I hope this time she would say something like she notices that the ocd bothers me more with the obsesive thoughts than it does with my rituals. I hope she tells them things ii used to do as a kid and the things I complain about now, such as checking during the middle of the night, redoing this and so forthl. Is that such a bad thing for me to ask for? I don't want to be in fear of my doctors appt
Matthewdrives76 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote