View Single Post
Old 02-17-2007, 12:59 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Interesting!

Thank you Pollywog, for the RLS & Requip references. RLS is somewhat related to PD, it is also a common symptom for PDers. Very interesting, the person who finds a low amount of Requip helpful, and an increase detrimental. I took 12 mg Requip daily for a short while, and began to feel much worse. As soon as I cut it down to 8 1/2 mg daily I felt much better. I've kept it at 8 1/2 for the last two years now.

Just as interesting is the mention of migraine auras. You have them, Mamafigure has them, one of the RLS comments mentions them, and I also have them - there seems to be a possible connection. It's curious that migraine auras are quite individual. Mamafigure sees a completely different pattern from the one I see. Mine is a pulsating, chevron patterned band of color stripes. They last up to 20 -30 minutes, and are completely painless.

I am very fond of prints. Printmakers John Wood (NY) and Harold Boyd (IL) - just on the remote but fun chance that you might know of them - have made most of the prints we own. My husband makes glass, and I was a potter, so our 'collection' was mainly bartered for - years ago.

With PD it is so important to be keenly aware of one's body's reactions to the drugs we're prescribed. It takes experimentation to find the right combination of meds. I hope you have the kind of neuro. who lets you take part in the decisions.

All the best

birte
BEMM is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote