View Single Post
Old 11-10-2010, 12:53 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi Tony

Sorry that you are feeling so bad. I am just passig through this forum, on the way to the MS one, and I read your post and wanted to reply.

I had an unruptured aneurysm clipped in early 2004.

You are still very early in your recovery, the brain is very slow to heal and it will take up to two years for everything to fully recover. The first six months are the worst, and then there is an exponential improvement over the next eighteen months. This is, of course a generalisation and everyone has a different journey, different symptoms and different feelings.

I have multiple sclerosis as well, so I know that I had to deal with a whole packet of tightness, weakness, and sensory disturbance, so I do sort of understand where you are coming from.

I get a sense of grief in your post. It is common for aneurysm survivors to feel a sense of 'loss of self' in those dark first months. Let yourself go to that dark place sometimes, but don't linger there.

Be kind to yourself, don't push yourself too hard mentally or physically. You will pay for it big time in terms of fatigue.

Remember that a lot of us have gone on to develop depression during their recover - after all you have been through an enormous trauma - physically, psychologically and emotionally. Rest, eat healthily, listen to your body, and give yourself a break.

Please take care and remember to ask for help if you need it.

Regards

Lyn
Lynn is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote