View Single Post
Old 11-10-2010, 08:40 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

A must see is the video along with this article: http://video.minneapolis.cbslocal.co...lipId1=5278268

And I would answer the question as to whether or not celebrities help charities . . . a big nod in the affirmative in my opinion. And why? I am of the opinion tha most give big to celebrity-backed charities because they hope for a little acknowledgement from that person (celebrity). It doesn't have to be a public acknowledgement - just for the donor to "think" that the celebrity noticed. A second reason (IMHO) is because we identify with the celebrity. People think, "OK; here's Bruce Springstein singing for PD research causes, and if he thinks that is important, then it must be."

On the other hand, if I ran a full-page ad in every circulated newspaper in the world saying John Doe (not a celebrity) endorses the Melanoma Society, you can bet your britches it won't make nearly as big an impact as would a star's face in that ad. And if the star suffers or has suffered or even has a family member with the disease being endorsoed, that doubles or triples the giving power.

I have some unique fund-raising ideas but I am saving them for a special project. lol

Peggy
pegleg is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote