View Single Post
Old 11-10-2010, 10:15 AM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dejibo View Post
I could use some advice here. If I stop going, the group will die. If I keep going I feel like I am wasting my time, efforts and energy hearing over and over and over about stuff I dont need or want to know. Should I keep going so the group stays afloat? Should I take care of me and just stay home?
Why would the group die if you stop going? Are you the only other member besides the pushy lady? That's alot of pressure on you alone....and nobody should have to bear the entire burden of keeping this group together.

Maybe after she's had some time to calm down and think about it she'll change her viewpoint and not think that you're being ungrateful....just realistic. If not, I'd just tell her that having MS is enough....you don't need more stress and pressure. If she won't take constructive criticism and other ideas for the meetings then she's going to find herself alone. Not too many people will keep going back if all their ideas to help are poo-pooed.
These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
Kitty is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
debw (11-12-2010), Kitt (11-10-2010), Lady (11-11-2010), SallyC (11-10-2010), TRESA (11-11-2010)