View Single Post
Old 11-10-2010, 01:03 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Cervical ribs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GolfPat View Post
For the past 15 years I have experienced my strange malady. It used to come and go, not happending for months sometimes. Things have now changed and it is happening on a daily basis. My both arms start to ache and I start to perspire all over. This can last from one minute to well over an hour. I have not been able to tie this to anything such as food eaten, hot or cold, time of day, etc. My HMO has run every test they can think of and have found that I'm in good shape, i.e., heart and arteries in good condition, ditto for my spine, lungs and all other organs. Why does this happen? At times it hurts so badly that I am in tears. Sometimes it wakes me from a sound sleep but mostly (lately) it has been occurring in the morning, such as this morning when it started while I was driving to the gym for an exercise class. It lasted for more than a hour; no class for me. Anyone out there have any ideas?
I had an extra cervical rib on both sides and they produced different symptoms: vascular and neuralogical on the left side but mostly pain on the right side! Having the ribs removed cured most symptoms including no more pain on the right side. The pain can be from pressure on the nerve trunk as well! You can also have Thoracic Outlet Syndrome from just too small a space in the T.O. spce and should avoid some kinds of excercise while doing those that open the Thoracic Outlet space. Good Luck!
ex cervical ribs is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote