View Single Post
Old 11-10-2010, 04:45 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member
Heart

Dear Steve

sending you a warm reassuring (((hug))) and safe vibes.

sometimes i get into states where the world feels ominous, threatening... you sound similarly sensitive right now.

when i'm like that outside stimuli, especially news.... that is supposed to "factual accounts" ... unfortunately a lot of news is sensationalistic and done in a way to keep us keep watching... they push our buttons on purpose. it sucks. and commercials ... same thing.

i agree with bizi, don't watch tv right now.

also what i would suggest is focusing on physical comfort. do all the five senses.

- touch different things:
-- pet your kitty cat. notice the softness of her fur. notice her breathing and warmth.
-- touch a warm blanket. squeeze part of it in your hand and notice the give. notice the softness.
-- touch a piece of wood or wooden furniture. notice the smoothness, or roughness of the wood, and any uneven spots in it.

- taste
-- sip water, or a some warm tea. eat a piece of bread. keep it simple. notice the wetness of the water, the texture of the bread, the taste, or lack of it.

- look at things
--- trees outside, maybe changing colors
--- again your kitty cat... focus on her face, her eyes, ears. how graceful a kitty cat is.

- hear things
--- noice the creatures outside might be making
--- the sound of the heating system if it is on
--- the sound of the wind or rain

- smell
--- a mild piece of soap or bubble bath, shampoo
--- spices... pick one that you like. cinnamon?
--- the pages an old book. these have a peculiar, old, strangely comforting smell. like something that is and always will be.

FINALLY:

wrap your arms around yourself, and squeeze. right - give yourself a hug. feel the safety of a hug. consider it on all of our behalf.

check in from time to time, when you can. and remember to breathe gently.

~ waves ~

Last edited by waves; 11-10-2010 at 05:00 PM.
"Thanks for this!" says:
bizi (11-10-2010), Brokenfriend (11-10-2010), Mari (11-10-2010), OhKay (11-11-2010)