View Single Post
Old 11-10-2010, 10:17 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default This was hyperketogenic

Imad,

This study doesn't point out that the diet in the PD trial was for hyperketogenic diet...meaning it was almost 90% fat based. Yes, participants still lost weight but the food seemed really unappealing, and I can't see how anyone could sustain that long term. I read somewhere one dish described as ground beef swimming in a mix of oil run off from meat and heavy cream. That triggered my gag reflex. I know it sounds sily, but I feel like our quality of life already takes a hit, so I won't start eating really unappealing foods until they prove it is neuro-regenerative. We lose dopamine...not our taste buds!

Still, this study was conducted five years ago! Frustrated by how long everything seems to take. Of course, I get it...research advances at the same pace as PWP move when off meds. It happens in bradykinetic time...ha ha.

On a side note, caloric restriction seems key to helping us too. Interestingly, research shows that intermittent eating helps immensely to quell inflammation. That is, research shows it is more beneficial to fast every other day, while on eating days, you eat twice as much to make up for it. Weird as it is, this supposedly is even better than reducing calories over all.
Don't have the citation handy- will try to add.

Laura

Laura
Conductor71 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
imark3000 (01-16-2011)