View Single Post
Old 11-11-2010, 11:01 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

ADVICE FROM A COUPLE AT 90:

I had coffee this morning at my local gas station, wherein I met an older retired couple by chance. They were quite tech-savy, and were reading the NY Times and the Times of London on their respective laptops! (Needless to say, everyone was quietly impressed.)

One of them said "Johnny, I have seen this before", and Johnny looked at the headline, and said "the economy is in for a world of hurt,..., very soon."

I had to ask them what they were seeing to make them think that things could get any worse than they already are presently.

They said that we have not seen anything yet, economically.

They reminded me that although the market crashed in 1929, the real pain did not become obvious for several years afterward, when countries around the world began to manipulate currancies to make their exports cheaper.
The result was a currancy war, followed by deflation, and then a shooting war.

Just so you know, when these two retired from a Air Force, they both went to school and became Economic Professors at the University of California. They know alot about which they speak.

They agreed that now is this time to go to Costco and begin accumulating canned foods, flour, dried milk and canned meats.

They agreed that if people think times are tough now, just wait and see.

By the time this conversation was in full swing, about eight people had gathered around to listen.

One active duty Marine Corps First Seargant said that everyone he knows is already stocking up on supplies.

Tough times are ahead. Tougher than any of us have ever experienced.

To lighten the blow, be sure to start adding to your emergency food supplies.

Do this for the sake of your loved ones so that you don't get bushwacked by tide that is rising.

-Vic
Victor H is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Dejibo (11-14-2010), hollym (11-11-2010), Kitty (11-11-2010), TwoKidsTwoCats (11-11-2010)