View Single Post
Old 11-11-2010, 11:20 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Thanks for the list...

It’s very comforting to know that I'm not the only one. If anyone can offer some advice on my situation, it would be GREATLY appreciated.
I worked as a processor for 3 years, while taking on-line classes, to finish a college degree. Meaning, I was on the computer for an average of about 12 hours a day. By the end of July (this year) my arm, fingers, neck, right side of head where fully symptomatic. You know...pain, numbness, tingling, stiffness... I went to see a nurse practitioner at my local doctor’s office and she wrote a slip for me to be off of work until I saw an orthopedic surgeon. To make a long story, shorter, I ended up seeing 4 different medical professionals until the last one diagnosed me with TOS. I have been off of work since July, without pay. The disability insurance (Harford) refuses to pay me because of lack of evidence of injury/illness. I've been in physical therapy for the last 6 weeks and it's slowly but surely helping (along with not being on the computer very much). Has anyone experienced this-having your short-term disability denied? I'm not sure what or if I can do anything about it. I already sent an appeal letter to them and they rejected that. It's not right to deny someone benefits just because they don't understand it (TOS). Oh, I was terminated from my job as well (on Oct 18th). Can anyone relate?
Thanks for taking the time to read.
Kelly
kelly1121 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote