View Single Post
Old 11-11-2010, 11:28 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Short-term disability denied - TOS

If anyone can offer some advice on my situation, it would be GREATLY appreciated.
I worked as a processor for 3 years, while taking on-line classes, to finish a college degree. Meaning, I was on the computer for an average of about 12 hours a day. By the end of July (this year) my arm, fingers, neck, right side of head where fully symptomatic. You know...pain, numbness, tingling, stiffness... I went to see a nurse practitioner at my local doctor’s office and she wrote a slip for me to be off of work until I saw an orthopedic surgeon. To make a long story, shorter, I ended up seeing 4 different medical professionals until the last one diagnosed me with TOS. I have been off of work since July, without pay. The disability insurance (Harford) refuses to pay me because of lack of evidence of injury/illness. I've been in physical therapy for the last 6 weeks and it's slowly but surely helping (along with not being on the computer very much). Has anyone experienced this-having your short-term disability denied? I'm not sure what or if I can do anything about it. I already sent an appeal letter to them and they rejected that. It's not right to deny someone benefits just because they don't understand it (TOS). Oh, I was terminated fro my job as well (on Oct 18th). Can anyone relate?
Thanks for taking the time to read.
Kelly