View Single Post
Old 02-17-2007, 07:48 AM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Lightbulb interesting question...

I had 20 yrs of trauma as a child.

My PN was mostly due to hypothyroidism. It was horrible starting in my 30's.
I didn't get treatment (because my tests were not showing what the doctors
expected) until I was about 50! ( I finally had a radioactive uptake, which revealed the problems). The foot pain and carpal tunnel were very bad then.

I think the stress of childhood trauma/abuse creates elevated cortisol in the brain and that changes a person. Whether this contributes ..I don't know.
I do recall kicking off bedcovers as a child however (I've never been able to tolerate tucked in sheets or blankets). So even back then I couldn't stand certain feelings on my feet. I also recall an episode of my neck being squeezed with a stick (broom handle?) and this may have damaged my thyroid...since the left lobe does not work or take up the radioactive cursor.

You know, we carry the abuse with us always...but how that impacts, I think is very variable from person to person. Alot depends on your personality style, and other character traits. Being an artist too, and using creativity as a
vent, has really helped me cope with it. Someone else who does not vent it thru this sublimation, may have other more physical effects.

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.

Last edited by mrsD; 02-18-2007 at 06:49 AM. Reason: removing personal data
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote