View Single Post
Old 11-11-2010, 02:42 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I'm really enjoying this thread... and how it allows me to see inside your lives on the other side of this computer screen.

I was called by my boss yesterday which gave me today off.... business down at the beach isn't so hot in November....

As most of you know, I'm a glass half full person so I make the best of this time (the photo books I'm putting together are hugely time consuming as I'm such a freakin' creative person!!! ) ....

so, today, I was sleeping in when the phone rang... it went to voicemail.

It was the mother of Grand-Addy... telling me that my son, Derek (the estranged from me Daddy of Grand-Addy) was going to be phoning and she hoped that I didn't mind she gave him my number (MIND ??!!! )

So, the phone rings within seconds... and on the other end is this deep voice that says, Hi, how's it going? (no Hi this is Derek).... but, of course, I knew it was him....
and throughout that call I remained the changed, calm, and loving person I have become since he chose to leave my life... and together we agreed that tomorrow he would come to me to be with his daughter.

My big boy was crying on the other end of that phone... he has a lot of anger and I know that deep in my heart he needs medication to help balance that angry irrational brain of his... he's 33...

Baby steps... baby steps... oh, where is David right now... I know he'd like to be reading this... as I know so many of you will

And I thank God every day for that angel in my life - my Grand-Addy
Addy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Abbie (11-11-2010), Alffe (11-11-2010), FeelinGoofy (11-11-2010), jaded2nite (11-12-2010), wishnomore (11-18-2010)