View Single Post
Old 11-11-2010, 05:40 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinmom View Post
now, I know that getting an SCS will not be a panacea however......it really seems like it when I ponder this question.since my accident I am not able to drive, walk unassisted, sit upright, lie flat, I am incontinent, I can not lift my arms above the level of my scapulas (makes washing hair a bit tricky), bend, kneel, crawl......I suppose this list could go on for awhile as I have 3 year old twin boys -you can imagine so I will end it here. The things I would LOVE to do again (or for the first time):

1) push my boys on the swings!
2) go for a "real" walk; kids, dog, husband, nature - the whole bit!
3) give the kids their bath!
4) travel! I am from hawaii and my family still live their and I would love to go visit but I can't imagine a 6,000 mile trip like this.
5) DRIVE!
6) Sleep in a bed, I currently sleep in a recliner.

I guess this list could also go on for awhile and I know that these seem like little things but right now they seem huge and insurmountable........here is to hoping!
I just on my own thread the most feel sorry for me post! god i have no right you are truely suffering lots more than me. I also have two kids 2 and 5 and all my wishes would be the same as yours as far as the kids go but i can still drive and still sleep in my bed and these things are huge as when i was unable to go out i felt so trapped and my living room bedroom became my prison but since getting automatic car and disabled badge i am not as trapped as i once was. I really do hope your pain gets better soon
irljenn is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
anon21816 (11-12-2010), Rrae (11-12-2010)