View Single Post
Old 11-11-2010, 08:54 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Default I would trust Bryanna's comments .....

Over 20+ years ago, I had FOUR impacted wisdom teeth removed... at the same time? It was MAJOR outpatient surgery. I won't go into the gruesome details other than to say I saw the X-rays...taking them from my dentist's office on one floor to the surgeons' office on another... My take on my own 'rays'? Was one BIG OH MY! with a NO WONDER.
That said?
Preparing for a surgery? Eat well Three and two days before it all. Eat LIGHT puddings, soups, ice creams, yogurts and mushy things the day before. THEN prepare for gruel like foods after surgery. AND a water-pic like machine... for the rest of your mouth!
PM me for two good recipies for a mashed potatoe/chicken broth soup and an egg-drop soup to get you thru the first few days... You will eat more 'challenging' foods as you 'feel' comfortable with. [Chicken Broth IS GOOD at this time!]
Best advice I'd gotten was from the dental surgeon's nurse... Plan it for a Wed or Thurs and take the next days off... and you'll get back in some normal form the following Monday. I'd never thot jello or applesauce would be really good foods until then! Plus the soups!
About a month plus later? NUTS AGAIN! OH JOY! CHOMP DOWN NOW BEFORE THE FAST! You don't MISS crunchy? Until you can't have it!
I hope this helps, I got thru it and went back to work the following Monday! I'm still here. I was tender for about two weeks, but followed 'rinsing' directions and had no problems. IF you have any problem? Call and ask!!!! Asking is cheap compared to other problems.
I KNOW you won't have fun , but you will recover all the better for it all.
's - j
dahlek is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote