Thread: RSD symptoms?
View Single Post
Old 11-11-2010, 09:00 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EasternShoreLady View Post
Hi All,

Was wondering what exactly RSD can feel like. Supposedly I might have it but I have so many aches, pains, burns, twitches, numbs, hots, colds, etc. that I haven't a clue whether it's RSD or something else like my TOS or my Fibro or chemical sensitivity, or degen disc... you get the idea.

Been battling this past week the recurrence of a throat fistula (best description of whatever the heck it is) that hasn't bugged me since I had it cauterized over a year ago. It's actually feeling better but I'm noticing a spot on the back of my neck on that side that is noticably more "raw" feeling like I'd mildly skinned it (which it hasn't been at all). Don't feel any roughness to the skin, just isn't fun to touch or lightly rub across. Right side is fine.

Half hour ago noticed a REALLY sore spot on the left breast. Granted I had surgery there in '95 and I am getting to that Aunt Flo time of the month (wouldn't ya know right in time for my surgery) but this feels almost like someone punched me hard there. Just cropped up suddenly and to the best of my knowledge I didn't do anything that would have caused it injury (I don't see any bruising either).

Don't think it's a reaction to the Zithromax but it may be. Woulda thought that would be a generalized pain rather than so localized. This sound anything like RSD stuff to anyone? The neck thing might be but the chest thing seems really odd.

Mary
The pain and swelling is sooo bad, you try to fight it as long as you can, but it gets to the point that all you can do is cry. I've had RSD for 9 years now. It's in both of my feet and legs (was below the knees) and now its progressed up into my thighs and hips. Losing feeling in both. And its also affecting my eye sight. I was fortunate to find a terrific pain dr. that specializes in RSD and is willing to help me fight for disability. It's pretty much destroyed my left foot where it has shifted it so bad. Plus the skin is cold as ice, sweats, really shinny, the lesions will get infected if your not careful. My other pain dr. let my lesions go and damn near lost my left foot from it. Get rashes that itch really bad like poison ivy. The skin will turn red, purple, blue. I pray you don't have it, I wouldn't wish this on my enemies... I got it when I had torn the ligaments and chipped a bone in my right foot and ankle. It set in 4 weeks later.The swelling will get so bad the skin will start splitting. The pain NEVER STOPS! No matter how much or what kind of pain medication your on. This disease literally RUINS YOUR LIFE!!!!!
wldfilly4ever is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote