View Single Post
Old 02-17-2007, 09:58 AM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Hi Joe:

Well, he had to stop driving (because pain in his toes were so bad he would have to shake his foot and you can't do that and drive a car at the same time, right? ). While he can't take opiates anymore (his PN was much worse before he went to Dr. Theirl), if there is a chance that this guy can get relief and go back to work and he can once again be able to drive, we can actually leave our house, and go places, and visit relative and lead a somewhat normal life. LIfe here all but stopped once we had no more car.

Access-a-ride doesn't go to the places where all my friends and relatives live.

And just to be able to get in a car and go shopping (especially when you did this for 20 years) and then BOOM once day, he had to shake his foot and he hit the gas instead of the break and then I said "No, no more driving". He had to agree and he gave up the car.

He knows about the side effects and the benadryl and I'm not too worried about nurses speeding up any infusion because his Dr. is Dr. Goldfarb who studied under Dr. Lantov (WHO KNOWS SOMETHING ABOUT IVIG ) as I have been told and Methodist Hospital where we live, well, it's VERY VERY GOOD, believe me. They know what they are doing.

And I'll be with him (at least I hope they let me in the room when they do this thing). Dr. Goldfar said the treatment is for about 3 months. The first time 4 days in hospital, then about every two weeks or so, someone comes to the house. I would assume that if they see anything detrimental happening during this treatment, they would stop it immediately, (OR I'LL SHOOT THEM).

So Alan wants to give it a try. Also, we have to hear from the spine guy.

I think if the spine guy looks at the MRI films and says 'AHA, I CAN HELP THIS MAN", and we go and see him, and he says to Alan,
"Alan, I really feel your neuropathy is caused by blah blah blah, and I can help you", that only then, Alan might not do the IVIG, but as he puts it now, "why not? I've got psoriasis, Menieries Disease, and protein in my spinal fluid, and my mother had Guillian Barre Syndrome" "This means I have auto-immune stuff going on. So let them infuse me with donors from 20,000 people" (that's what we read is in the IVIG thing).

This should be some interesting 4 days (if it goes through I mean).

They will let me be with him won't they???

I mean, who is going to bring him his homemade banana nut muffins?????

Melody

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote