View Single Post
Old 11-12-2010, 09:01 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Does anyone else have a lower back fusion or graph fusion???

As I said before my pain and injury is from an auto accident. I sustained an L1 burst fracture with retropulsed fragments and spinal cord compression and damage. As a result of my accident I have a graph fusion that begins at T11 and extends through L5. My question is this; is there anyone out there with similar fusions or low back fusions and do you notice since your fusion that your neck hurts? prior to my accident I never had back problems or neck problems and since my surgery I notice that if I have to sit upright I develop severe pain in my neck that brings with it a nasty headache? we went away on tuesday and it was a 2 hour car ride in addition to sitting in a restaurant and sitting through a comedy show which is an EXTREME amount of sitting for me and by the end of day 1 I had nasty neck pain and a headache. It is almost as if the "stability" in my low back causes a transfer of energy to my neck or something like that. I am going to ask the doctor about it on monday but I was just wondering if anyone else has experienced anything like this.
twinmom is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
anon21816 (11-12-2010)