Thread: Brain Fog
View Single Post
Old 11-12-2010, 10:25 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by paula_w View Post
getting confused but on a higher level is a perfect description of how we all feel, thank you still chuckling.

If you aren't taking meds, how are you sleeping? are you getting enough? PD affects the entire CNS and probably causes brain fog itself. After we begin meds, the lines become very blurred. i agree with soccertese that once the med kicks in you are more sharp, but at thesame time those on agonists have frequently described brain fog. Hate to fall back to the everyone is different line but if you are unmedicated i'd be inclined to say that when cells are shutting down and the mitchondria don't produce enough energy we could get brain fog from the illness itself.
Hi Paula - Well I fall asleep the moment my head hits the pillow (after initial bouts of night terrors) but I suspect that is more due to fatigue after a day in the office and an excess of alcohol It may well be my occasional fogginess is merely a good old fashioned hangover ; )
About the only useful thing my neuro said was that nicotine, alcohol and coffee were 'possibly beneficial' from a strictly 'PD' viewpoint !
"Thanks for this!" says:
tulip girl (11-12-2010)