View Single Post
Old 11-12-2010, 10:36 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

While my surgery wasn't as extensive as yours, I am convinced that I get neck pain and headaches as a result of my lower back pain. Part of it has to do with poor posture but also think of how one's nerves from the lower back are all interconnected up to the brain. I asked my optha-neurosurgeon about getting nausea from back pain and she told me to look into the vagus nerve. Since I had two SCS implants (lumbar and cervical) my headaches have gotten much better, as has the neck pain and dizziness, so one could argue that the cervical SCS is what's helping. However, when my neck starts to hurt and I feel nausea, it's not my cervical remote I adjust, it's my lumbar remote I adjust.

Riding in a vehicle is THE main thing that has been a problem for me for about 12 years. I would buy car after car (and even have my handy-man husband change out my driver's seat if we couldn't afford to get another vehicle) all in the hope of finding a comfortable car to drive. I ended up finally being able to afford a used Lexus SUV, which has been much better for my lower back/neck pain. I go see my immunologist tomorrow, who is 3 hrs. away, so am a little nervous about riding that far but will take pain meds. with me, just in case.

So, I'd say, yes lower back pain can cause neck pain. Just my two pesos
fionab is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
anon21816 (11-12-2010)