View Single Post
Old 11-12-2010, 02:11 PM
anon21816

anon21816

Quote:
Originally Posted by doghot View Post
Hello all you SCS posters. I am new to this site but I love what I've seen as I looked around. I'm hoping that there is someone out there that has had an SCS installed for neuropathy in the feet. I have the usual pain, burning and numbness that goes with having this awful affliction. I get confused when I read the posts that describe the time element; many seem to be taking months to get to the point where their implant is put in place. I simply saw my pain doctor and the SCS was the first thing that he wanted to talk about since I had already done the drug therapy with little success. That was two weeks ago and I'm getting my trial SCS this coming Monday (11-15) (I saw the psycologist last week). I'm reading about hospital stays and painful surgery and he is telling me that the implant (if my temp. shows good results) is a simple outpatient procedure. Could anyone tell me if I'm getting straight scoop from my doctor or am I misreading what some are saying? I would love to hear from some of you. Thanks in advance. - Lonnie

Hi Hotdog....good to see you here. Sorry to hear that you have this awful pain and burning. But this is a great place to find out all you need to know.

As Rae said there are different types etc. I had the leads put in. I like in Ireland and when I had mine done in August 2010 I was in hospital for 3 nights. It was somewhat painful afterwards, around the incision sites, which is natural, but after a couple of weeks it disappeared. I have lower back pain plus neuropathic pain down my legs into my feet. It helps with the burning and the stabbing pain. I do hope that you get relief too. Make sure you read plenty of the fantastic threads that are on here. You will have a wealth of information
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Rrae (11-12-2010), Sophie_ (07-24-2011)