Thread: Cannabis
View Single Post
Old 11-12-2010, 02:56 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Go carefully and slowly

I had one of my neurologists inquire if I'd tried pot so, I thought I'd give it a go. Keep in mind that I live in California and before trying, went out and got my official medical marijuana cert. I could go on and on about what a sham that is but, I'll try to stay on subject.
IMPORTANT!!!! If you smoked pot in the old days... things have changed! Take the strongest pot from the 60s and 70s and multiply by 10 at least. It will lay you away or as in my case, leave me pacing and uncomfortably praying for the damned stuff to wear off. That said, it has been my last resort to get to sleep now for a few months. When I've taken all of the drugs, the sleeping pills, the yoga etc. and I'm still laying in bed so stiff that not all of my body can seem to touch the mattress at the same time, then I'll go for my one long toke.
First of all, be sure to get your hands on as pure an indica as you can find. If you get sativa or a cross with alot of sativa, you'll not get the effect you want. I recommend that you google indica strains, jot down a list of the strains that are either pure indica or mostly indica. Take that list with you when you go shopping. Indica is for pain relief and muscle relaxation. Sativa will energize you.
Now, once you have your list there is weed to smoke and forms to eat. Careful with those edibles. There's no quality control out there so one man's single brownie is another's man's high for a week. Take a really tiny bite and wait to see how it goes. Be sure you're home and safe when you do it. I ate 1/4th of a brownie at once and had an unwanted party for several hours.
I recommend that in the long run, you bake your own edibles so that you know what and how much is in them. You can buy canna butter which you replace for the oil in cooking recipes. Just be sure that the butter is made from indica and not sativa.
As far as smoking, I'm not a smoker but, it does seem that it is easier to control what you're getting in that form. Just take a half a puff and wait to see before getting bold and over doing it.
So, bottom line is that for me, it will work when nothing else does. Just go slowly and carefully.
madamlash is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
anon72219 (11-13-2010), krugen68 (11-13-2010), moondaughter (11-14-2010), rancher (02-16-2011), sooty (11-12-2010), tulip girl (11-13-2010)