View Single Post
Old 11-13-2010, 06:03 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reddawn600 View Post
Hi Kathy,

I am still doing really well, my pain has not surpassed a 2 and the most I've needed is a percocet from time to time. My boosters with Dr. Schwartzman just got moved up to next week so while a bit nervous, I'm also happy to be continuing treatment and hoping to see even greater pain relief after that.

I am still so sorry to hear that your experience was so different. Have you ever considered trying ketamine again? Just on an outpatient basis in the infusion suite? Also, as I know others such as Gabby mentioned, HSS is a world apart from Hannehman from what I've heard though I guess you know that from your experience with Dr. Richman. I'm actually still surprised he was the one who treated your foot as I didn't realize he did that. I had been considering looking for someone to look at my foot as well as I hadn't mentioned it to Dr. Richman but I have been having more pain there actually since the ketamine then in the rest of my body. I think it's that it's more noticeable since the rest of the pain is so much lower. It almost feels like there's something stuck in my heel. I just don't know who to contact.

The drive to HSS was a nightmare for a me also and I'll need to go again next month to follow up with Dr. Richman but it's worth it for him.

May I ask who you see for pain management if it's in PA? Dr, Richman still wants me to have someone out here since the distance to him is so impracticle.

Gentle hugs,
Dawn
Hi Dawn,

So glad to here you continued relieve. Believe me the boosters are nothing compared to the infusion. I also did mine with Dr. S and never had a problem. I had to stay in a hotel for 2 days each time because we are so far 3+ hours. So my husband, family, friends would take turns it was kinda of a mini vacation for them. Yet they did have to take care of me and it was just a matter of getting me back to my room which was 3 blocks and we would walk it. I would just sleep until around 5:30PM eat and do it again the next day. The drive home after was a little tough but we made it through.

Good Luck keep us posted.

You guys know I was in the city at HSS this past week and I had a cortisone shot and it helped tremendously. As I said the MRI did show I slight bulge but one step at a time. Anyway I did ask around some of the staff about the stories I have been hearing about Dr.S and Hannahmein Hosp. and again I don't want to beat up on Dr. S my experience with him was a good one. But I would not feel right not making everyone aware of what I heard. And we all know how stories go but I know this woman for 6 years and I don't think she would lie. I simplied told her of a person a knew who had a terrible experience with Dr. S and the hospital, and I quote her, "it doesn't surpriese her and she has heard of stories also" and that is all she said. So I don't know what's going on but when I had my boosters him, his staff where just great. ??????? Maybe he's retiring he has to be at least 65 or over. Dawn I know your going to your boosters next week I won't worry you don't even go into the hospital part at all.
gabbycakes is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote