View Single Post
Old 11-13-2010, 12:06 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Angry Family does not understand

Depression setting in probably, overstressed yes. Family thinks my symptoms are bothering me more since I got the diagnosis of PN. My family says part of it is probably in my head. I will agree that stress and the not knowing the cause of the problem can cause symptoms to seem worse, but I am not crazy or imagening them. My mother has borderline abnormalities on her nerve conduction test hers is mainly mild sensory. For mine I have idiopathic sensory-motor PN. My life 41 years old asst. bookkeeper, I work 40 hrs a week, drive out to my disabled fathers house everyday to make sure he is ok, make sure he gets to all his doctor appointment and hope that my boss doesn't get upset because of how often I have to to take off work, manage his monthly finances along with my own since I am the one with the power of attorney, get home about 8:00 oclock every evening to listen to anything my family can find to complain about. When all I want is no more stress, peace and quite, and the life that I used to have. I am tired of waking up every morning with my back and hips hurting, I am tired of my legs feeling weak when I walk, I am tired of not being able to do things without getting tired and fatigued all the time. I am tired of not getting much help taking care of our father because my brother lives 1HOUR from his house and his job takes up to much of his time, well I have a job too. His comment is that my husband I and both work and that we have 2 incomes coming in and He is the only one that works in his household and he can't afford to lose his job, it's like it wouldn't be a big loss for me but it would be for him. Since he makes good money his wife has decided not to work anymore, I could see that being a problem if he lost his job. Well without my job we could not make it on one income alone. So am I stressed out yes very much so. Do I have a right to be angry? Sorry I just had to get my fustrations out. I'm sure some of you feel the same way at times to.

Last edited by lynn01; 11-13-2010 at 01:21 PM.
lynn01 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote