View Single Post
Old 11-13-2010, 12:10 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Saffy: Up until recently, when the headaches,dizziness etc. started, I didn't even know I had a problem. It was during my reg. appt. with my optha-neurosurgeon last month that she said my spinal fluid pressure was high and that was when we played around with my SCS remotes and noticed that when they were turned off my pressure went back to normal.

Rae: I had a spinal tap done a couple of years ago (for another medical condition I have), and the pressure came back normal. The only thing I know about increased spinal fluid pressure has had to do with glaucoma, up until now. But looks like there's some relation between having my remotes on and the pressure being increased. So much doctors just don't know, or maybe it's that we have weird bodies that just want to keep us guessing

By the way, need to make a correction on the medication I've been given for it. It's called Neptazane, NOT naltrexone. For some reason the increased pressure has really kicked in in the last few days. Rae, maybe it has something to do with my getting further along in the healing process as I have noticed that I've been needing to turn down my lumbar remote lately. Having it at it's usual level has been causing me to have leg cramps, so sounds like it has to all be tied in somehow.
fionab is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
anon21816 (11-13-2010), Mark56 (12-30-2010), Rrae (11-13-2010)