View Single Post
Old 11-13-2010, 12:44 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniella View Post
Dawn I am so happy for you that you have had such good relief. Kathy I am sorry for your continued pain and struggles. You are in my thoughts
I have a question so is Dr Richman work with Dr S. Or is it that Dr Richman does not do boosters and why does he not? I am confused. Also does Dr Richman only do ketamine for rsd patients or he looks at the individual? I ask cause I feel if you go to see Dr S you either are suggested the ketamine infusion or coma but I wonder if that is the right treatment for all rsd people. It seems some pain doctors have there specific treatment they do but it is not always right for everyone.
Great questions! Dr. RIchman works closely with Dr. S. They have had numerous phone calls regarding my treatment since I will be a patient of both of them. Dr. Richman is able to dose ketamine at a much higher level in patient at HSS then Dr. S can at Hannehman since Dr. Richman is an anesthesiologist, they are able to dose higher then neurologists or other Dr's.

Dr. Richman is easier to get an appointment with as Dr. Schwartzman is booking into 2013 unless you get a referral into him by another Dr. such as Dr. Richman.

The two of them working so closely together is ideal. If one does not have the right solution for you, they will likely refer you to the other or another Dr. at HSS.

As for Dr. Richaman, I have met with over 30 Dr's in the past 10 yrs alone and I can tell you, you will never find a more compassionate, sincere and genuine Dr. then Dr. Richman (I hear Dr. S is awesome too but I have not yet met him, will next week).

If ketamine is not the answer for you and you can be treated with other methods, I do believe Dr. Richman would tell you straight out. He is incredibly honest and one of those few Dr's for whom money does not seem to be the primary goal. He does treat other types of chronic pain also and I don't think he would ever suggest ketamine if he did not believe it would be right for you.

I sincerely wish everyone with RSD could get involved with these Dr's as their teamwork and dedication to helping people with RSD is amazing.

Please feel free to ask any other questions. I hope my reply has helped.

Dawn
Reddawn600 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote