View Single Post
Old 11-13-2010, 02:03 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

My father had a motorcycle accident a little over a year ago he his now pretty much wheel chair bound because of strength and balance issues caused by the stroke he had in ICU after the accident. He is on medicare and does receive some help through a home health agency with his bathing and some home physical therapy. I prepare his meals each day for him, he has to thicken all his liquids or he could aspirate into his lungs. He was in a nursing facility for 6 months after the accident, but perferes to live at home. I think alot of it is, he's lonely and doesn't like to be by himself. He lives about 15 minutes from were I live. I do not think that medicare will pay for transportation services. There is a service called visiting angels, but the their charge is $68 per each day they come out. His only income is his social security which is not much. If he could get on medicaid then he could get more services, but he does not qualify for home medcaid. They will only approve him for medcaid if he is in a nursing home. But don't worry someday our goverment will fix the system if were lucky and then people can get the help they need so they can still live at home. The stress of everything I have to deal with daily is taking a toll on my health and I know if i do not make some changes to relieve this stress then my health issues could get worse. Then what good would I be to anyone.
lynn01 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote