Thread: Latest update
View Single Post
Old 02-17-2007, 01:12 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default is there a third axe?

Well folks, I'm wondering if bad luck really comes in three's.

Last Tues I had to have a sterioid injection in the ankle joint and this is my bad leg and foot because the neuropathy is much worse in this foot. The rheumatologist called me on Thurs morning and asked if I was better. He thought it was an inflamed ankle joint. But it's not better and he was really surprised. I had to go in and he xrayed the ankle, called in an ortho surgeon and they decided I needed an MRI of the ankle. This rheumie works so fast. I had an xray, MRI, consult with an ortho doctor and diagnosis within 2 hours. They both agree that it probably is a fracture. How bad I don't know yet. Have to wait on the MRI. I've got one of those ugly moonboot type walking casts on now. It's really not comfortable with the PN, but it does allow me to walk with crutches.

While we were at the doctor's with my ankle, the rheumatologist called the ortho that was on call for the weekend. The ortho is also the doctor who referred my husband to a neurosurgeon. He spoke with both of us at the rheumies office. He told us that he had sent several of the local doctors to this neuro for surgery. This makes us both feel better about the neuro. We also called my husband's PCP to see who he sends his patients to and he sends them to the same one. So we are feeling better about this neuro.

But I'm wondering when the next axe will fall. Back surgery, fractured ankle..what next?

But walking on these crutches will make my arms a lot stronger.

Billye
Silverlady is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote