View Single Post
Old 02-17-2007, 01:27 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Default Hi Kimmie,

I have had two angiograms. They aren't scarey at all. They will put the tube in your hip or groin to check for cornary artery disease. I wasn't put to sleep for mine. I got to watch on the screen what they were doing and the Dr. explained what was going on as he did it.

It's been a few years since I had my last one so I can't remember it too well but it didn't take long at all.

Mine was done due to chest pain. I do have some CAD but it wasn't really bad. Now I am trying to get my cholestral down because my Mom died of a heart attack and stroke.

Also, the nurses all have trouble taking my pulse. My right side is the hardest to get it even though I have had TOS surgery. My Dr. usually ends up taking it.

it sounds like you have been through a lot. I was just wondering how many surgeries you have had for the TOS? It sounds like you've had a few.

I'm sorry you are going through so much. The Angio isn't that bad so don't panic. Most hospitals will show a film also to show you how they do the angio. I chose not to watch it, that would have scared me more.

Ada
dreambeliever128 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote