View Single Post
Old 11-14-2010, 12:26 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Fiddlesticks!

Rick
I cannot for the life of me find my Vitamin D bottle where I have been treated with high dosages for deficiency. I believe at last count I had been given therapeutic supplements 4 times and it was STILL low!

I know that I need to get on top of that, but this dystonia/dyskinesia or whatever it is takes precedence.

I pulled this off of rxlist.com

The recommended intake of vitamin D is 400 IU-800 IU daily. FOSAMAX PLUS D 70 mg/2800 IU and 70 mg/5600 IU are intended to provide seven days' worth of 400 and 800 IU daily vitamin D in a single, once-weekly dose, respectively.

This is, of course, on the flyer for Fosamax treatment, a drug used for osteoporesis (which many postmenopausal women have).

I may be dreaming, but I thought my supplements were 60,000 units WEEKLY. I had to take 1 pill for 6 days, then for retesting. I'm not sure why so long to recheck, unless maybe you get a false positive or something. The absorption must be incredibly slow.

While on this topic, I find it just plain asinine that in the U.S. pet food is regulated by t he FDA, but not supplements. No wonder we're all half dewad or have one foot in the grave (while Fido or kitty is thriving). Don't get me wrong, I love animals.
Peggy
pegleg is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote