View Single Post
Old 02-17-2007, 01:50 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Smile

Please understand that most of these things I do not due, strickly because they are not comfortable for me. Many of these I am assisted with help.

Do you take walks. With DD only in good warm weather

Do you take rides. When I feel up to it, the car is not always comfortable, ad gas is expensive in NY

Do you go on picnics. Maybe in the spring

Do you go grocery shopping, usually once a week on a good day, do not like it though and I am always assisted because I cannot push the cart and lift many items.

Do you spend the day with your kids. Yes but adapted to how I can now, vrs before I was sick.

Get togethers? Only with people who understand my conditions and where it would be acceptable to lay down (Family mostly).

Do you go camping? Yes but my DH has to totally handle packing, setup, teardown & cooking and all that fun stuff that everyone hates about going. It pains me that there is little I can do to help.

Do you play games with your kids. Only board or cards as I feel I can

Do you hold down a job. I am trying to get back to work, but now I am not sure I will ever be able to. I am 100% disabled at this point.

Do you write letters that need to be written? No because writing is very painful and basically unreadable. Thank goodness for DD or would not have lists.

Do you pay bills? Yes, via internet

Do you deal with money problems over the phone yourself? Yes, but If it is too complicated, I may defer to DH.

Do you deal with problems of any type with no stress? Nope, problems are stress and stress is pain.

Do you clean your own house or have the energy or getup and go to do it? I do what I can and my family handles the rest.

Do you do your own laundry? As I can sometimes assisted sometimes not, depends on pain and resting inbetween.

All things like going out and being close are uncommfortable for me. I do not like anyone near my arms at all. Touching is usually a deffinate no no. Thank goodness my family understands all of this and are as compassionate as possible about it.

Just my 2 cents, Rain

Rainbow422 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote