View Single Post
Old 11-14-2010, 05:46 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default depression causing physical problems

Hello all

Im new to this forum so excuse me if i rattle on.

Basically ive just being diagnosed with Functional Neurological Problems due to stress. Im coming to terms with it but finding it hard. Ive had depression for about 20yrs, i was 19 when i had my first breakdown. through the yrs i have taken Anti-D's but not for long periods as i dont really like the affects.
Im feeling a bit lost as i never realized that depression/stress/anxiety can cause physical/neurological problems.

I have tingling hands and feet and ive always been prone to headaches/migraines. My moods changes quite alot but i have learned to handle that over the yrs. I feel a bit in limbo now as Neuro has signed me off saying there is nothing he can do for me. i dont understand whats happening to me, if the symptoms i have are perminant or what. im wondering if i go to my GP and ask for prozac or something simlar, and i take them, will all my symptoms go away? will i be able to walk properly again,go to the bathroom without difficulty,feel my hands and feet properly? or is the damage done?

any advice would be gratefully recieved
thank you
Kizzi